Wednesday

⋘.Red Hot.⋙

I've recently been gearing up for another trip to LA. Despite feeling excited about returning to my training I have been experiencing some feelings of apprehension. I guess I'm feeling nervous because I am going for much longer this time as well as the fact that I'm using this trip to cement my decision about whether to make LA my new home. At least for a year or two. It seems my subconscious has been helping me work through this nervousness by bringing me a beacon of hope in the form of Anthony Kiedis. It sounds unusual, but I have been dreaming about him a bit lately in the form of a spirit guide through some pretty trippy California adventures. When I'm sent these types of spiritual gifts I enjoy exploring them & through my exploration I stumbled upon the documentary Funky Monks. It's a great watch about the Red Hot Chilli Pepper's process towards the making of Blood Sugar Sex Magik. Of course most people watch it because of the fascination surrounding John Frusciante. I found what I learnt about all the band members to be extremely compelling. I especially connected to Kiedis' explanation of the song Under the bridge. It got me thinking perhaps he was coming to me in my dreams because my experiences have mirrored his & I am now embarking on my own journey to find "the place I love".