Tuesday

⋘ What I'm reading ⋙


Uni work and actual work have been taking up so much of my time lately. Consequently my reading list has been suffering a bit. When I was on holidays I was burning through it, but now I'm having to put a bookmark in some of my recent reads including:

1. Frankie Magazine
A wonderful source of inspiration. I love to just pick a random page & work with it.

2. The Pocket Book of Stones by Robert Simmons
I'm glad I chose to buy the pocket version of this book. I'm always bringing it to the bead shop or to Indonesia for looking up stones on the go.

3. Canon D-LSR Shooting Modes (Camera bag companion)
One of the first purchases I made after getting my camera. I'm a bit technology challenged so a handbook with clear instructions is always of use.

4. On the Road by Jack Kerouac
I find the book's 'stream of consciousness' narrative refreshing. Unfortunately though the unique way in which the book was written makes it a bit difficult to follow at times, but I promised myself I'd  read the book before I even thought about watching the movie. So here I am taking it for what it is/was. A revolutionary piece of literature.

5. The Touch of Silk by Betty Roland
I'm reading this play as part of my Australia on stage course. An Aussie tragedy set in the time leading up to the Great Depression. Its protagonist is a French girl far from home trying to hold onto her roots & keep her relationship with an local battler from falling apart against the harshest of back drops. A new favourite for sure.

6. Salads
Meat free week is upon us. Unfortunately I forgot to sign up & participate. So I'm planning to redeem myself by overdosing on delicious salads.

7. last but not least...Flower Fairies by Cicely Mary Barker...as per usual