Wednesday

About me // Amber

I find the idea of introducing myself a bit daunting. I am not a shy person, I just dislike the idea of limiting myself with labels & definitions of 'who I am'. 

Ethos is a word that has been coming up in my life a lot lately. When dealing with foreign cultures & communities first hand experience is by far the best way to gain understanding. 

I wondered could the same be true for understanding a new person? So I'm sharing a few photographs, images & some music that allows you to experience who I am at this moment & where I've come from....instead of trying to half-heartedly explain myself 
The song Fever Dog - Stillwater from the film Almost Famous is one of my favourites. Soundtracks are a source of some of my most beloved songs.
One Love - Bob Marley always reminds me of the beautiful babies at Roslin Orphanage in Kupang, Timor where I left a piece of my heart...
∆ Gili Sunset  
Kubu beach at the Ayana in Bali. 
I currently live with Ant, my boyfriend, & his teenage son in Sydney. It's easy for others to judge our situation at first, but now since a few years have passed I think everyone close to us has gotten used to it. Good thing too because I couldn't have asked to be with a more spiritually understanding, supportive & hilarious partner.
Cicely Mary Barker is one of the biggest inspirations towards my love of sketching. I have adored her books since I was a child.The Majestic Casual Channel on Youtube is my music addiction. Treat Me Like Fire (Star Slinger Bootleg Mix) - Lion Babe is one of their songs keeping me motivated at the moment.